08/05/08

BOOK REVIEW: STORIES OF COURAGE (CLAIRE SWAIN)

STORIES OF COURAGE is a book which gathers a series of stories that talk about people who achieved great feats demanding great effort and courage.

Each chapter tells the story of a person. Every one of them is intense and amusing. Reading this book has been a brief but interesting experience.

Immersed in the book, I have been aware of the difficulties which all these people have been through: suffering, pain, despair... This helps me to understand how strength and courage can make a depressed, unfortunate person strong enough to carry on.

The questions that came up while I was reading STORIES OF COURAGE were: Would I be able to be so brave? Would I have put up with tortures and taken such difficult and important decisions for a human being as these people did?

The book gave me the answer: They were just normal people who were strong and firm in their decisions.

So, to sum up, I not only liked the book, but also it was easy reading and, above all, amusing and amazing.

IRIS DARRIBA QUESADA, 2º Bach. B

Ningún comentario: